Thursday, December 30, 2004

Who am I?

As some of my friends might know, I am a thoroughly unconventional person. You may not be able to tell on the surface (not much anyway), but beneath is hidden a thousand strange ideas and odd modes of action. Yet believe it or not, I fancy myself a thoroughly practical person--though most will think me mad once they know what I think about life, the universe and everything. Regardless, I am confident that it is in weridness and the unconventional paths that supreme success can be attained.

Coincidentia oppositorum.

I am an absolute eccentric who is perfectly normal
A practical guy enwrapped in dreams
A seeker of austere luxury
and the end that has no beginning.

3 comments:

S Eio said...

Dear Jared

i've visited your blog. you'll be surprised to know that i've just started to learn how to blog in my PED582 elective, which is how un-savvy i am in the IT sense.

I think you've put your time in the holiday to good use, rather than while it away battling the computer in Civ II... *big grin*

While i share quite a few of your sentiments on certain issues, i gotta admit, thanks to intellectual scepticism and a wee bit of eccentricity, it leaves you sitting on the fence about just as many issues as well. Hope you gradually "fill in the colour" on those! Somehow, though we may not have been through the same JC and Secondary schools, ACS (primary school) was the common starting point for us - if you believe in Providence, you'll know that it isn't sheer coincidence that we met in NIE and ended up doing projects together in the same group... Remember the words of Proverbs, "as iron sharpeneth iron, so a man sharpeneth the countenence of his friend!"

Initially I daren't leave my comments on your blog... for fear that they aren't worth leaving behind for posterity to view. haha.... But now, since you mentioned you'd like some contributions, i guess i'll just post 'em. A toast to your persuasiveness!

& blessings for the new year!

S Eio said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
S Eio said...

Hi...once again this is the Greymoray.

just to set the record straight: Jared's not from ACS (primary) although he did consider going to ACS due to his incredibly outstanding results in P6. My earlier comment should have read: common roots in Methodist-founded institutions - but it's quite likely to have influenced your beliefs anyway. Haha... Hope your fans didn't get disappointed, Jared!